For some people, making money online would be an absolute dream come true. If they could find a way to make money with a website or some other online venture, they could quit their job to focus on entrepreneurship, spend more time with their family, and finally take back control of their time and their lives.
Imagine being in control of how much you make a day, week, or month without having to report on duty, not worrying about arriving late at work and all the traffic that comes with rush hours.
Working online is convenient and stress-free because you can work at your comfortable space while sipping on coffee and one thing most people enjoy about making money online is that your earning vary according to how much effort and discipline you put in your work.
Your earnings are determined by how much good quality content you put for your viewers to read or watch, is it informative or add value to your audience that’s what matters.
All you need is a flexible laptop, internet, and content then you good to go depending on which niche you choose and what kind of resources you need, for instance, if you are a Youtuber you will need a good quality camera and a laptop.
Now, here’s the good news. The majority of online revenue strategies aren’t that complicated. Like any business venture, your online income takes time to grow. You need to be willing to devote the time and energy required to get your idea off the ground, even if your journey is slow when you first start.
If you’re thinking of starting this journey to earn money online but aren’t sure where to start, here are several of the best and most realistic strategies to consider:
If you’ve visited any website, you’ve seen Google ads. These ads are everywhere and for good reason. Not only are they easy to set up on any basic website, but they can be lucrative once your website starts bringing in a steady amount of traffic.
One of the cool things about Google AdSense is that it’s so easy to get set up. If you blog or website, you can sign up for a free Google AdSense Account. From there, Google will give you a unique code that you will paste onto your website. Google takes it from there, tracking your page views, traffic, and earnings on your behalf. There is no upkeep or maintenance to get this thing going, which makes it a no-brainer if you have a website already.
You need three things to get started with Adsense are:
A Google Account
If you’re using Gmail or any other Google service, you already have one. If not, just click to sign up and we’ll help you create your new account. It gets you into AdSense and everything Google.
2. Phone number and postal address
Your phone number and the mailing address associated with your bank account so you can get paid.
3. Connect your site to AdSense
Add one piece of code to your site and Google will take care of the rest, allowing you to grow your business.
YouTube is another platform that has made it possible for people to earn money online. There are a ton of YouTube channels out there on any topic if you can think of, and most of the people with a big following are earning some money in exchange for their videos and time.
How can one make money on Youtube?
- Sell products or merchandise.
- License your content to the media.
- Become a youtube partner and earn money from ads.
- Work with brands as an influencer or affiliate.
- Crowdfund your next creative project.
- Let your audience support your work through ”fan funding.”
YouTube stars are today’s self-made celebrities—people who have earned an audience by creating content geared toward teaching, entertaining, reviewing, and being awesome on the internet.
Most people often ask themselves if they get paid for uploading videos on youtube. Content creators aren’t paid by YouTube for the videos they upload. Neither are videos monetized by default. For you to start making money on YouTube, you have to enable monetization in your YouTube account settings.
How does one make money on youtube?
First, YouTube channels can be monetized even if they don’t have millions of subscribers. Your earning potential isn’t determined solely by the number of subscribers and views you have, but also by the level of engagement you generate, the niche you cater to, and the revenue channels you explore.
Secondly, building your audience puts you in a great position to monetize content in a variety of ways. But you’ll only be able to take full advantage of the opportunities you have if you understand the makeup of your audience.
For many YouTubers looking to monetize, the more niche your channel, the better position you’ll be into work with brands looking to target specific audiences (more on that later).
Webinars may be the perfect marketing and sales medium for you if you are looking for a way to boost profits. Having such knowledge can also be to your advantage.
There are three easy ways to earn money with webinars:
1. Paid Webinars
The most direct way to make money with webinars is to charge an admission price to your live, online events. People will pay thousands of dollars to learn about specific topics from verifiable experts.
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t sell tickets to your webinar broadcasts. Especially if you have the knowledge to share and can prove that you’re a good source of information.
2. Product Demo Webinars
Earn money with webinars by using your screen time to demo and sell your company’s products. Unlike paid webinars, product demo webinars are usually free for attendees. Money is made at the end when the product being demonstrated is put up for sale.
3. Webinars Promoting Online Courses
Perhaps you (or your company) don’t sell products. Maybe you deal in online courses and are hoping that webinars can help you reach new students and monetize your knowledge even more.
Once your webinar events and social media channels are synchronized, you’ll be able to promote your online courses to a wider audience, boost your content visibility, and generate more leads. Another way to expand your reach is to record your webinar so that you can use it later.
Podcasting isn’t the easiest way to make money online since there are a lot of logistics that go into writing, recording, and editing a podcast but it is still worth considering.
A podcast is a set of digital audio files that are available on the internet for downloading. A user can subscribe to the podcast to receive the digital files once they are uploaded. Businesses nowadays are increasingly using podcast to improve their prospects. It is a powerful marketing tool.
A lot of people are also now successfully using podcasting as an additional revenue stream for their businesses and for themselves as individuals.
Many businesses are now successfully using podcasting as an additional revenue stream for their businesses and for themselves as individuals.
If you have a website or a large social media following, you can also make money by pursuing sponsored posts and ads. Keep in mind that you don’t need a website to do sponsored content since you can also get paid if you have a lot of social media followers.
When you think about sponsored posts, may first think of big brands with big budgets sponsoring all kinds of native and Instagram posts.But smaller companies and brands may be quicker respond to your pitches because they have smaller staff and attention.
What are sponsored posts?
- Sponsored posts are articles that a blogger or website owner is paid to publish on their own sites by companies, businesses, and brands related to that site’s niche or topic.
- Sponsored posts can be written by either the site owner/blogger or by the sponsoring brand itself. If you’re hired to write the post as well as publish it on your site, obviously you’ll charge a higher rate than if you’re essentially just renting space on your site.
How does one find companies that will pay for sponsored posts?
To find sponsors willing to pay for posts and reviews on your website or blog, content marketer and strategist recommends that you start with smaller national brands and companies.
Another good source of sponsors for beginners to build up a portfolio and some experience is local businesses.
Identify businesses in your niche which are located near you. If they can’t afford to pay you, you may want to explore some form of bartering. Once you have some experience under your belt, look at partnering with marketing and PR agencies. Form a good relationship with one (or a few), do consistently excellent work, and then you’ll get more work from them in the future.
What should you charge for a sponsored post or review?
Finding companies and advertisers is the first step to earn money with sponsored content on your website or blog. However, as even the most cursory Google search will prove, the going rates for sponsored content vary wildly. to hit the sponsor’s major talking points, but try to do it in an organic way. Entertain and educate at the same time, wherever possible.
Monetizing a blog may not be as easy as it used to be, but sponsored posts are still a viable, valid way to add an income stream to your blog or website. Just be smart about the process, follow the best practices, and commit to being transparent with your readers about your sponsored posts.
Another way to make money online is via consulting. If you’re an expert in any field, you could potentially find people willing to pay you to counsel them on their personal or business goals.
If you’re interested in earning money as a consultant, you may want to make it your full-time career or you may simply want to consult as a side job. Either way, it’s important to focus on how to earn money as a consultant. No matter how much you love your work.
7 tips of making money as a consultant:
- Charge more for your consultation-This one seems like a no-brainer, but it is this kind of attitude towards this method that prevents people from getting better results.
- Boost credibility-There are many consultants that clients can choose. They are only going to choose the consultants who are the most credible or charge the lowest price. If you want to turn consulting into a full-time income or at least five figures every year while living a comfortable lifestyle where you are in control of most of your schedule, do not rely on lower prices.
- Ask for the money upfront-Many consultants make the mistake of asking for the money at the end of the consultation. That’s when some clients decide to call it quits and act as if they never heard of you before. This results in many consultants chasing their clients around for the money those consultants deserve.
- Only be a consultant for specific aspects of your niche that you are good at-Only be a consultant for the specific aspects of your niche that you can do a good job at as this will encourage more returning clients.
- Make the consultation process smoother-If you get the money up front, it will be easier for you to create reports for your clients. The fear of sending a report that normally costs R1000 won’t bother you anymore because you already got the money.
- Offer a discount for returning clients-You can tell your clients that if they do two of your consultations then they get the third one 50% off. If you price your consultation sessions correctly, you will still be able to make more revenue with the 50% discount.
- Tell your clients in advance that you will record the consultation- For all forms of consultation, you have the option to record an audio version of the consultation. All you need to do is have a smartphone and record an audio when the consultation starts.
From this article you will learn that making money online isn’t a pipe dream but the good news about this is that the majority of online revenue strategies aren’t that complicated.
Like any business venture, your online income takes time to grow and you need to be willing to devote your time and energy required to get your idea off the ground, and you need to stick to your journey even if it is slow when you start out.